Aspect's Bazel helpers library
Base Starlark libraries and basic Bazel rules which are useful for constructing rulesets and BUILD files.
This module depends on bazel-skylib. In theory all these utilities could be upstreamed to bazel-skylib, but the declared scope of that project is narrow and it's very difficult to get anyone's attention to review PRs there.
bazel-lib is just a part of what Aspect provides:
- Need help? This ruleset has support provided by https://aspect.dev.
- See our other Bazel rules: https://github.com/aspect-build
Installation instructions are included on each release: https://github.com/aspect-build/bazel-lib/releases
- copy_directory Copies directories to another package.
- copy_file Copies files to another package.
- copy_to_bin Copies a source file to output tree at the same workspace-relative path.
- copy_to_directory Copies and arranges files and directories into a new directory.
- write_source_files Write to one or more files or folders in the source tree. Stamp out tests that ensure the sources exist and are up to date.
- jq A toolchain and custom rule for running jq, a tool that is "like sed for json".
- yq A toolchain and custom rule for running yq, a "YAML, JSON and XML processor".
- directory_path Provide a label to reference some path within a directory, via DirectoryPathInfo.
- output_files Forwards a subset of the files (via the DefaultInfo provider) from a given target's DefaultInfo or OutputGroupInfo.
- expand_make_vars Perform make variable and location substitions in strings and templates.
- paths Useful path resolution methods.
- transitions Transition sources to a provided platform.
- utils Various utils for labels and globs.
- params_file Generate encoded params file from a list of arguments.
- repo_utils Useful methods for repository rule implementations.
- run_binary Like skylib's run_binary but adds directory output support.
- stamping Support version stamping in custom rules.
- base64 Starlark Base64 encoder & decoder.
- docs Rules for generating docs and stamping tests to ensure they are up to date.